Monday 19 October 2015

Chinese is not Difficult

Some parents had been asking me to share how to teach Chinese. So here is my way:

I believe that children should not learn how to write if they are below 5. So, from the time Wen is three, I have only been teaching him to read.

Chinese is a beautiful language especially the Chinese characters. Each word is like a picture. There are a lot of meanings behind each word. When we teach Chinese to kids, we should introduce the word using flashcards. Wen learnt the words by memorizing the whole word like a picture. I started with 3 flashcards each day and increase gradually. When he was in P1, it was 15 flashcards per day. For words he could not remember, I have to introduce the cards to him again until he remembered.


A good material to use will be the 四五快读 books from China. It is a series of 7 books which you can get from Popular Bookshop or from sprees. There are flashcards at the back of each book. 




No comments:

Post a Comment